The inelasticity in demand for pork has and will continue to make price swings more dramatic. Who knows what will happen with hog futures. The decisions made today on how to market hogs in the next year will significantly impact a swine farm's profitability and financial performance. Producing more hogs does not naturally equate to more profits, better marketing does! Falling prices can cancel out productivity. Too many producers market their hogs in the bottom quartile.
It may not be realistic to assume every farmer should be getting prices withing the 100th percentile price - but every swine farmer likely hopes to avoid falling into the bottom 75th percentile.
The Farms.com Risk Management Hog Marketing Subscription includes the following:
- Daily Commodity Market Bottom Line report emailed to you each day to keep you informed - looking at grain prices, hog commodity prices, etc.
- Our in-house bottom line summaries are designed to cut through the noise
- Timely hog marketing and Input recommendations
- Hog Price Targets
- Monthly online WASDE webinars where information is interpreted and your can ask the Farms.com Risk Management swine experts questions
- Members-only access to our webpage with online swine tools
- Quotes, Charts, Data, Statistics and much, much more
Our Marketing Program was designed with the producer in mind to:
- Save You Time
- Provide you with easy to understand swine information and hog recommendations
- Make You More Money
- Stay one step ahead of the game called “marketing”
The Farms.com team has a combined 50 years of experience in production, risk management, trading and marketing to help you manage your risk, volatility and create a marketing game plan that fits your individual risk tolerance and swine business needs.