2017 Annual US Corn Belt Crop Tour Twitter Contest
Farms.com Risk Management would like you to send us your best farming tips for farming to achieve higher corn and soybean yields. We invite you to tweet a photo of your farm fields, or a quick farming tip for your fellow farmers. Be sure to let us know what country you are in when you tweet your photo.
To enter the contest tweet your photo or tip using #cornbelt17, retweet a #cornbelt17 tweet, or like a #cornbelt17 tweet, and you will be entered to win one of multiple prizes at the end of the tour. The winners will be announced on July 13th, 2017. Follow Farms.com Risk Management on twitter @FarmsMarketing.
Contest winners will be chosen randonly from all entries. One prize will be awarded to a winner in the United States, and one prize will be awarded to a winner in Canada.
You could win a pair of Blundstone CSA work boots in Brown (approximate retail value $219.95) and a free subscription to Farms.com Risk Management (approximate retail value $599.)
Additional prizes will also be awarded. In the United States, 4 additional prizes will be awarded: $25 Rural King Gift Card. In Canada, 4 additional prizes will be awarded: $25 TSC Gift Card.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Twitter Contest is open only to those who tweet a photo from their farm with a tip of the day using #cornbelt17, retweet a #cornbelt17 tweet, or like a #cornbelt17 tweet, and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Farms.com Ltd. its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Farms.com final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted on twitter starting June 3, 2017, at 00:01 AM (Eastern Time) and ends on July 12, 2017, at 11:59 pm (Eastern time).
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by tweeting a photo of your field, or tip of the day using #cornbelt17, retweet a #cornbelt17 tweet, or like a #cornbelt17 tweet. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Farms.com. You must provide the information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Farms.com.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive:
- Grand Prize: a pair of Blundstone CSA work boots in Brown (approximate retail value $219.95) and a free subscription to Farms.com Risk Management (approximate retail value $599.) One prize will be awarded from entries received in the United States of America, and one prize will be awarded from entries received in Canada.
- Additional prizes. In the United States, 4 additional prizes will be awarded: $25 Rural King Gift Card. In Canada, 4 additional prizes will be awarded: $25 TSC Gift Card.
- Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Farms.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Farms.com’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Farms.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Farms.com. Winner will be notified via twitter or email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Farms.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email or other security settings, or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT FARMS.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Farms.com, anyone acting on behalf of Farms.com, and Farms.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Farms.com. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Farms.com from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Farms.com may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Farms.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Farms.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Farms.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Farms.com. Farms.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Farms.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Farms.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Farms.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States and Canada AND Iowa and Ontario, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Iowa in the United States and Ontario in Canada having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to email@example.com. Requests must be received no later than October 31, 2017.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Farms.com.
- US Address: 1531 Airport Road, Suite 101, Ames, Iowa, 50010
- Canadian Address: 52 Royal Road, Unit A, Guelph, Ontario, N1H 1G3
- Twitter: The Contest hosted by Farms.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter.
- By entering the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.